Intro to Digital (ITD)
ITD is used as part of the application process for the Software Development course.
The steps are:
- 1.Grasshopper Fundamentals I & II
- 2.Free Code Camp
- 3.FCC Build a Survey Form
- 4.Build a Personal Home Page
- 5.Create a career plan
- 6.Write a motivational letter
First, the applicant must register on our Application Process website. It is through this portal that we manage all trainee applications. See Dashboard for more details.
Applicants can do these steps on a smartphone or using a laptop/desktop computer. Upon completion, we can provide the applicant with a laptop so that they can continue studying further.
- 1.The applicant will need to create an account on Google Grasshopper.
- 2.Complete the course named Fundamentals 1
- 3.Complete the course named Fundamentals 2
- 4.Click the green download button. Download the pdf certificates and submit them to the dashboard.
This step should be completed on a desktop/laptop. Where the applicant does have a laptop, ask them to visit the codeyourfuture.io website to contact us about a laptop loan for UK based trainees. Laptop loans are only available to UK residents.
- 1.Applicants need to make sure they are logged in every time they work on FreeCodeCamp, otherwise they will lose the work.
- 1.They need to go to your free profile on FreeCodeCamp and change all of your settings to public:
- 2.Go to settings: https://freecodecamp.com/settings
- 3.In Privacy settings, set all the fields to public (including my portfolio, my points, my timeline).
- 4.On the top of the page go to 'Show me my public portfolio'
- 2.Complete the following tutorials on FreeCodeCamp. They are part of the Responsive Web Design Certification:
Basic HTML and HTML5
Applied Visual Design
Responsive Web Design Principles
4. Paste the URL link to your FreeCodeCamp profile in the field below and click Submit. We will be able to see if you have completed the tutorials.
- 1.Create an account on Codepen.
- 3.Complete this FreeCodeCamp project in your Codepen template: https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-projects/build-a-survey-form
- 4.Review Test Results: before they submit their code, they need to make sure all 17 tests pass. Making sure the test script is checking the Survey Form.
Before submission, they need to sure that they have completed all of the Acceptance Criteria.
When the web page is complete, copy and paste the Codepen link to their page in the field below and press Submit.
Now they can build their own home page! Give it their own personal style. We know that people who do well on our courses show creativity, curiosity, persistence, and rigour. That’s what we’re looking from them in this project.
Fork the CYF starter page here: https://codepen.io/IntroToTech/pen/PomeEod
Applicants need to make sure theyr’re logged in to Codepen when they fork so the work is saved. They should use HTML and CSS to complete this project. Codepen has options to use extensions like SASS and Pug and they are feel free to use those if they want!
The page should tell us a bit about them, their interests and what excites them about tech or having a career in tech. This is all about them so they should be as creative as they like in telling us some of their story.
Review Test Results
Before submission, they have to make sure that they have completed all of the Acceptance Criteria. When their web page is complete, they need to copy and paste the Codepen link to their page in the field below and press Submit.
They will be getting feedback on this project from one of our volunteers. They have to make sure they check back to review your feedback. They will need to take this feedback and implement it in the next part of this project.
They need to start with the web page that they completed in the previous step.
The page should implement the feedback they received on how to improve the webpage.
Review Test Results
Before they submit their code, they need to make sure all 10 tests pass to the dashboard.
Before submission, they need to make sure that that they have completed all of the Acceptance Criteria.
When theirweb page is complete, they need to copy and paste the Codepen link to your page in the field below and press Submit.
Now that they have spent some time learning the basics of coding, they take some time to look at the career opportunities available in tech.
- 1.They need to create an account and go to this course: https://openclassrooms.com/en/courses/5291411-develop-your-career-plan
2. Complete each stage of their career plan and upload the image of theirmind map.
3. When they complete the quiz, upload a screenshot of the quiz result.
4. They will not get a certificate at the end as this is a free course. They shoulnd't pay for the certificate.
- 1.Skills and experiences table completed
- 2.5 experiences are listed
- 3.At least 1 skill is listed for each experience
- 4.Each skill is labeled with a skill level
- 5.Each skill is accompanied by evidence
- 6.Mind map completed
- 7.Mind Map includes information related to personal exploration
- 8.Mind map includes information related to professional interests
- 9.Mind map includes evaluation of how easy it will be to achieve imagined job
At this stage, they have completed all the learning steps! We hope that this course has made them eager to keep learning more tech and soft skills in our Fundamentals and Full Software Development course.
Write a motivation letter answering the following questions:
- 1.Why do you want to learn with CodeYourFuture?
- 2.Please explain how your background makes you eligible for our program.
- 3.Why would you like to have a career in tech?
- 4.What skills do you already have that will help you to learn tech skills?
- 1.Motivation letter has been spell checked
- 2.Motivation letter has been checked for grammar errors
- 3.Motivation letter answers all the required questions