How can I join?
You can join as a volunteer by filling out a volunteer form on our website.
When can I join?
You can join anytime as there is always something you can help out with all year round.
What can I do?
This is a non-exhaustive list of things you can help out with:
- Helping to answer students' questions during classes
- Helping to teach a part or all of a class
- Reviewing student homework on GitHub
- Helping out students outside of classes, either in person or in Slack
- Helping students during their graduation coding project
- Posting on social media or creating content
- Organising social events
- Helping specific teams, which involves working towards the goals outlined in the volunteer teams page through regular communication and meetings with other mentors
Volunteers are not expected to attend every class and to do all of the above, but you are more than welcome to if you would like!
Later in the course, the students learn frameworks such as React, Node and Express. If you are not familiar with these frameworks, you might be able to pick them up quickly as they are taught in class. You can still help students as mistakes are made at the syntax and logical level where knowledge of the framework is not required.
After you join
Once you register with us, you will be invited to join an info session.
During the session, you will learn about CodeYourFuture's mission, program and volunteering opportunities.
A short training session follows - and then you start your volunteering journey as a CYF volunteer.