You must be over 18 to volunteer at CodeYourFuture
The only case in which you cannot be a volunteer is if you are or plan to be a trainee at CodeYourFuture. All trainees are encouraged to volunteer when they graduate to support our community.
You can join anytime as there is always something you can help out with all year round.
This is a non-exhaustive list of things you can help out with:
- Helping to answer trainees' questions during classes
- Helping to teach a part or all of a class
- Reviewing trainee coursework on GitHub
- Helping out trainees outside of classes, either in person or in Slack
- Helping trainees during their graduation coding project
- Posting on social media or creating content
- Organising social events
Volunteers are not expected to attend every class and to do all of the above, but you are more than welcome to if you would like!
Later in the course, the trainees learn frameworks such as React, Node and Express. If you are not familiar with these frameworks, you might be able to pick them up quickly as they are taught in class. You can still help trainees as mistakes are made at the syntax and logical level where knowledge of the framework is not required.
Once you register with us, you will be invited to join an info session.
During the session, you will learn about CodeYourFuture's mission, program and volunteering opportunities before being onboarded to start your volunteering journey as a CYF volunteer.