Comment on page
Business Owner (Final Projects)
Business Owner is the main contact for Final Projects teams to get the guidance, answer questions and support with prioritisation of the tasks.
It is a role that needs to be able to attend a weekly/bi-weekly meeting with our teams but we should consider daily availability since questions could come up at any time and could block the delivery.
The Business Owner is not involved in daily meetings or catch-ups but supports and guides the team whenever they are stuck or want approval.
The Business Owner must be knowledgeable about the product being built and understand the user's needs and the organisation's strategy. This role must have the authority to make decisions and support the team daily, so must be someone with knowledge about the product's context, users and strategy.
- Be available via e-mails, chats or phone to answer questions within a 0.5-1 working day.
- Responsible for unblocking the team with making necessary decisions
- Be able to attend a weekly/bi-weekly meeting with our teams.
- Be in a position to advise the prioritisation of features in the project.
- e.g. Should we prioritise Feature A or Feature B?
- e.g. We should remove Feature B because it's no longer needed.
- Have realistic expectations of what our trainees can build in the time given to them
- It would be very helpful if you could join our internal instant messaging tool (Slack) to speak to our trainees more regularly.